Second Week!

Two weeks down, 14 to go! This week, I went on my first weekend trip to Paris, and I got to explore Sevilla more and go deeper into my schoolwork. I left for Paris Friday afternoon and arrived in Beauvais at about 4:30. We had to take an hour and a half bus ride to Paris, but I finally got to see the France Countryside--it is so beautiful! Once we got to Paris, we went to the Eiffel Tower and got to see it at night. I especially loved when it sparkled! We went up and got to see the city, but it was super windy up top so we couldn't stay up for long. We ended our day at Le Marais for a delicious steak dinner with potato slices, green beans, and sweet potatoes.

The next morning, we got an early start to beat the crowds at the Louvre. We spent about three hours there looking around and enjoying the art. Our next stop was the Notre Dame. It is amazing to see how much detail there is both inside and out of the church. Then, we headed over to Rue Cremieux. This is the street in Paris with colorful houses. Most of the houses were under construction, so there was not much to see (I wouldn't go back). Of course we had to get crepes while we were in Paris so we found a creperie, called Au Beurre Café, and I got one with chocolate, banana, almonds, and vanilla ice cream. Yum! We took the metro back to the Eiffel Tower, so we could see it during the day. There was the yellow vest protest going on, and we got stuck in the middle of it. Police started blocking off streets, there were tear gas bombs going off, and a lot of fires on the streets. It took us about two hours to find our way out (and we got tear gassed along the way). We got macaroons and stayed in for the night to avoid the protest. Our final morning, we walked over to the Arc de Triomphe and stopped for breakfast at Boulangerie Patisserie Coudrier Geffroy. This was my favorite meal in Paris! The cappuccino and chocolate baguette were delicious and reasonably priced. Overall, I really enjoyed my first weekend trip.

Back in Sevilla, the weather has been super nice, (about 70 and sunny) and I have been sitting by the river a lot to hang out with friends, do my homework, and watch the sunset. This is my favorite place in Sevilla! I have also booked two more trips this week. One is to Morocco with my program, and the other is to Greece (alone!) at the end of February into March. This weekend I am traveling to Barcelona! My workload for school has picked up this week. I had a quiz in my Spanish class at SAIIE, and I have homework for my literature and cooking class every night. I still really enjoy my classes so far, but I surprisingly like my phonetics class the most because my professor is awesome.

I'm so excited to spend the next 14 weeks in Sevilla!
The Eiffel Tower at Night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week!!

Third Week!

Fifth Week!